Cool backpack. Check. Yellow (2), red (3), and blue (4) pocket folders. Got ‘em. Fresh hairdo. Yep. New outfits and shoes (that will no longer fit by the holidays). You betcha. If you’re a parent, you know the drill. Each year, you invest in your child’s learning. IABC Minnesota is here to ensure you also invest in your own.
In between trips to Mount Rushmore, boating in the land of 10,000 lakes, and running marathons, your board has been working together to bring you another year of exceptional learning and networking opportunities.
Mark your calendar for these upcoming chapter events and register at iabcmn.com.
- Sept. 25, 5 p.m. – Oktoberfest happy hour (Bauhaus Brew Labs)
- Oct. 11, 1 p.m. – CMP/SCMP certification exam (Radisson Blu)
- Oct. 12, 11:30 a.m. – Insights from Mall of America communication leaders (Radisson Blu)
- Oct. 24, 11:30 a.m. – Meet the Pros event for student communicators (Best Buy HQ)
- Nov. 8, 5:30 p.m. – C-Suite panel: Managing up and managing down (Cambria downtown)
- Dec. 11, 5:30 p.m. – Mingle Bells holiday event (Able Seedhouse & Brewery)
Thank you and congratulations to more than 150 members who recognize the value that comes from being part of a professional organization. If you are like me, you may need an extra nudge to move from making the annual financial investment to investing your time and energy on a regular basis.
It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day and forget to take time to focus on your professional growth. Consider this your nudge. Get out there. Attend an event. Volunteer. Build your network. Get back to school!
Tammy L. Nienaber, SCMP
IABC Minnesota President